It’s time for me to reflect back on some of the positive things I have experienced in 2011.
- Finally graduated from Rutgers University and very proud of my degree in Women’s Studies.
- Earned an amazing internship at Vibe, which was one of the best growing experiences I’ve ever had at an internship.
- Moved to NY
- Continued to have great and loving friends and family members.
- Got to attend some fashion shows, concerts, events and even met/interviewed some cool people.
- Had several dates for the sole purpose of free meals and baby, I didn’t pay for a meal for four months straight.
- I MET FUCKING PHARRELL WILLIAMS!!!
- Got an iPhone
Even though I went through a lot of heartaches and pain (remember when I got shingles?) this year, but here we are moving into a new year which will have brand new memories to share. Some may be joyful but I’m sure there will be some that leave us a little wounded but that’s life and it’s all a growing experience.
Here’s to 2012!
May you all have a wonderful new year and have amazing new experiences!
Almost certain I will get fired from my part time job just because I had a bad week. Fuck em
I work NYE but I’m thinking of buying the outfit and returning it the next day. I don’t have a sequins dress for the occasion.
- It’s been a minute. Thought I would update in this post
- Finished my internship with Vibe, it was very fulfilling despite all of my complaining (that’s what I do best). Now time to start freelancing.
- To make cash on the side, I work at this restaurant in LES and the pretentiousness there cannot be described in words.
- I also work with someone who’s in a band with my ex’s brother! Can’t get away from that mofo!
- I went through so much trouble to get an iPhone 4s today. From going to every store in brooklyn and Manhattan to standing in line at the Apple store to my card declining (TWICE) to the store out of stock for Verizon phones to them handing it into my hands. It was like buying a new born baby!
- The cute guy who helped me gave me so much free stuff and sweet talk, it made that dreadful 2 hours in the store all worth it.
- I’m totally crushing hard… not on him but someone else.
- And i can’t wait to sleep, I have no idea what I will wear for work these next few days.